Welcome to episode 046 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m talking with Colleen Mitchell, wife to Greg and mother to five amazing sons here on earth, as well as five precious little ones in heaven. Colleen and her family reside in Costa Rica where she works out what it means to love Jesus and live the Gospel as an adventure, not only there, but as a writer at her blog entitled Blessed are the Feet.
In this episode Colleen discusses:
- The loss of her son Bryce in 2009 from SIDS at 3 months of age
- Her subsequent second trimester loss and three miscarriages after that
- Her husband’s job loss and family’s financial stress
- And her response to God amidst her profound loss
- Her feelings and challenges through the loss and ongoing grief
- How grief affected her marriage and what she learned
- The art and dance of actively lamenting and sorrowing
- And how joy and sorrow can coexist underneath the umbrella of grace
We’ve all had loss in our lives, no matter who we are, and loss marks us–often causing ongoing grief that never seems to end. I’m so thankful Colleen has gleaned wisdom through her experience, so we can learn more of what it means to not only survive, but live fully with hope, even through loss and ongoing grief.
Mud Stories 046: There is peace in accepting that joy and sorrow can coexist underneath the umbrella of grace. ~@colleencmitch [Tweet that]
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, to help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below)
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.
Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)
CONNECT with Colleen:
- Colleen’s website: www.blessedarethefeet.com
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
2. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
3. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
4. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher