Welcome to episode 020 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m talking with Lysa TerKeurst, the founder and President of Proverbs 31 Ministries, and the New York Times bestselling author of Made to Crave, Unglued, and her most recent book, The Best Yes.
Lysa isn’t shy about admitting what a mess she can be, but acknowledges that in the midst of her everyday “growth opportunities” she’s been learning God’s lessons and has a passion to help women connect the messy parts of their lives with the same miraculous hope she’s found in God.
Lysa writes from her sticky farm table in North Carolina, where she lives with her husband, Art, and their five kids, three dogs, and a mouse that refuses to leave her kitchen.
In this episode we discuss:
- How small and seemingly insignificant decisions really do add up to make a difference over time
- How every decision points our life in a direction
- And how every yes that honors God matters more than we may ever know
Lysa shares about:
- Her muddy childhood
- Some unfortunate yeses in her early adult life
- And how her best yeses after failure were used by God in amazing ways
Mud Stories 020: Every yes that honors God matters more than we even know.. @lysaterkeurst [Tweet that]
Mud Stories 020: Wisdom makes decisions today that are still good tomorrow.. @lysaterkeurst [Tweet that]
Mud Stories 020: May we gain truth & live that truth, so we can discern what is best. @lysaterkeurst [Tweet that]
Mud Stories 020: May people, not projects, occupy the sacred spaces of our heart. @lysaterkeurst [Tweet that]
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, to help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below) Enjoy!
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ.. Philippians 1:9-10 (NIV)
CONNECT with Lysa:
- Lysa’s Blog: www.lysaterkeurst.com
- Proverbs 31 Ministries: www.proverbs31.org
- The Best Yes: www.thebestyes.com
- The Unrush Me, 5-day FREE Devotional Challenge
- Proverbs 31 Ministries, online Bible Study, Devotions, and Radio Program
- Compel Training, a membership site for influencers who want to write words that move people
- She Speaks Conference, a conference for leaders, writers, and speakers
- The Best Yes, by Lysa TerKeurst
- Unglued, by Lysa TerKeurst
- Made to Crave, by Lysa TerKeurst
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
2. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher